No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change.

- Barbara de Angelis

About Me

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Surgery # 3

Stuck on my back, 24 hours a day, definitely not my cup of tea. So on tuesday, March 3rd I had my third knee surgery. I had my ACL and meniscuss re done by Dr.Leiung and he said the surgery went really well and that it was all fixable. But this surgery by far has put the other two surgeries to shame when it comes to pain! I've never been in so much pain in my entire life, HOLY SHIZA!! Anyway, when I woke up, the whole left side of my body was numb. Couldn't feel a thing. You know when your foot falls asleep? Imagine that throughout the whole left side of your body, that's what I was feeling and the doctor nor the the surgeon knew what was wrong. So they kept me a few hours longer in my room, and the pain just seemed to get worse and worse! So after about 15 minutes of histerically crying and lashing out, the nurse walks by and says, "I'll come back when she is calmed down." And if you know me well enough, and could see the pain I was in, I hit rock bottom and lost it. So she gave me two needles full of morphine straught into the hip. I FELT A MILLION TIMES BETTER!!!! They finally released me to go home, the next day was brutal, if not worse than the day at the hospital. However finally, this morning (Thurs) the tingling was for the most part gone. What a relief, made everything so much more comfortable and less agonizing. So for the most part, that is my surgery story in a nut shell. I go back on Thursday for a follow up appt with Dr.Leiung and keep going from there.

I'm so relieved to have had the surgery done, now its just a matter of time to decide what I want to do with school etc. I'm hoping to move out maybe this year or the beginning of next year. One of my girlfriends that is teaching me how to rope is getting two roomates soon here, so I'm hoping that by the time im ready to move out, they are moving else where. Sounds kind of selfish I know, but Deb and I would get a long so well and it would just be a good environment for me to put myself into. Other than that, I've just been working like a buzzy bee, trying to get in touch with some old friends, and keep family and friends updated. Tis a full time job for a drugged up pup!

No comments: